The old timers, they all say we kids are making a muck of things and missing out in the good-o'l-fashion ways of life. I say that is on the contrary: Our generation has created a new way to live life. The elders lived life at a slower pace because that’s how it was back then, they did not have the chaos of the latest technologies. Their era allowed for slow processes such as finding major news through the morning newspapers. In the now you are seriously behind if this is how you find anything out. Therefore our generation has adapted to keep up to date with life. Our solution: Be a step ahead.
Now don't get me wrong I am not saying that we have to know the future before it happens; what I am saying is that we search to find out news before major word gets out. To do this the internet is the tool we use. With the internet anything published can be seen by the world in a matter of milliseconds. Along with this the internet is accessible to anyone 24 hours a day seven days a week. Therefore news can be published right after the event.
Most commonly anything worth publication is done during the day and then put on the internet before nightfall. Because of this redundancy our generation has seemed to have develope a similar routine just like the older generations. I would like to label this habit as the daily reading of the evening paper. This is in relationship to the well known routine of having coffee and reading the morning paper. I find this to be the most appropriate label because of the commonalities my classmates and I share in internet habits.
The internet logs that I looked at had three commonalities; the majority of internet browsing to be in the evening, Facebook, and three general internet categories. The first in that list gave me the initial idea of the evening newspaper since so many people logged online at times that would seem to be right before bed. I think people do this in hopes to gain information before bed so that they will be informed of the past day’s events at the very beginning of their day. I believe Facebook to be another commonality because it is the fastest way to receive information on peers and even world news. The last in the list would consist of humor sites, news sites, and social sites. I pick these three because the internet seems to be a sort of outlet for our generation and seeing that we are all human we tend to desire the same general things in life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment