Here is the link to the full text version of this years first class essay for Hon Engl 105-07. To view in word once you click on the hyper-link go to file then download as then click word. If you do any changes please use a different font color.
Define project -to argue that the internet develops us into a "higher society of thinking and reason"; therefore, we should embrace these technological advances
Methods -utilizing texts from Sullivan, Thompson, Hedges, Carr, and Larson -personal experiences (ENGR 101 class/Dyknow software) -by broadening the definition of literacy to not only include "verbal literacy," but also "non-verbal literacy," and arguing that literacy is what defines us as a species
Uses/limitations -I think creating subcategories of literacy is particularly effective. To make your argument a little more lucid, I would suggest cutting out some extraneous words/sentences that kind of dilute what you are trying to say, particularly in the first couple of pages. I would also reorganize some of the paragraphs so that the paper transitions a little more smoothly.
Hey, I have a little difficulty reading long texts like this online, so I printed out a copy which I'll read, then bring to class tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteOkay that works out fine. Do you want me to do the same for yours?
ReplyDeleteDefine project
ReplyDelete-to argue that the internet develops us into a "higher society of thinking and reason"; therefore, we should embrace these technological advances
Methods
-utilizing texts from Sullivan, Thompson, Hedges, Carr, and Larson
-personal experiences (ENGR 101 class/Dyknow software)
-by broadening the definition of literacy to not only include "verbal literacy," but also "non-verbal literacy," and arguing that literacy is what defines us as a species
Uses/limitations
-I think creating subcategories of literacy is particularly effective. To make your argument a little more lucid, I would suggest cutting out some extraneous words/sentences that kind of dilute what you are trying to say, particularly in the first couple of pages. I would also reorganize some of the paragraphs so that the paper transitions a little more smoothly.