Over the course of two days it appears that I visited a lot of sites thus spending a lot of time online. In actually I probably spent about twenty minutes in total online thanks to the speed of my Internet connection. Below is my list of Internet sites that I viewed along with a vague time frame I spent on each one
Sunday September 6th, 2009
12:13pm - http://tkaylee13.blogspot.com
12:15pm - http://translate.google.com/translate_t
12:17pm - http://uoflenglish105.blogspot.com
5:34pm - http://www.usbank.com
7:52pm - http://varsity.kansascity.com/custom/article&news_id=2304
Monday September 7th, 2009
6:00pm - https://blackboard.louisville.edu/webapps/portal/frameset.jsp
6:04pm - http://www.blogger.com/home
6:04pm - http://blogsearch.google.com/?ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wb
6:08pm - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home
6:08pm - http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30740497&id=1299450368&comments&alert
6:09pm - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1299450368&v=feed&story_fbid=171146211144
6:11pm - http://www.facebook.com
6:15pm - http://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8
7:05pm - https://gwwebic.louisville.edu/gw/webacc?action=Item.Read&User.context=qk7go9Tgdmk5lh0Fq6&Item.drn=450z3z0&merge=msgitem&Url.Folder.type=Folder.UNIVERSAL
7:08pm - http://louisville.edu
7:09pm - https://paprodic.louisville.edu/psp/paprod/EMPLOYEE/EMPL/h/?tab=PAPP_GUEST
7:11pm - http://tkaylee13.blogspot.com
This summary includes my Internet visits up until this current one of my new post creation. Looking at my sites I have found that my views are sporadic which relates to my way of thinking. A metaphorical way of relating it is that my mind has A.D.D and that's how my viewed sites are too; I will be viewing whatever site I am on and then some random event will make me think to look at another cite.
This small project was interesting to conduct because I have never before analyzed my Internet habits. In the process I discovered my Internet reading habits also. Whenever I read anything I always seem to highlight it by clicking the words. I also always have the line I am reading at the edge of the browser window (top or bottom) depending on the text format. Another unique reading characteristic that I have is that I immediately look up any words I do not know using my dictionary tool in my google bar.
Overall I have found that my Internet habits are very different compared to other habits outside of the virtual world. Also I found that I spend less time on the Internet than I original thought I would have over a weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's an interesting part you included about reading habits. People often just think reading is reading, but the medium clearly changes the experience. I also like to have an internet dictionary handy.
ReplyDelete