As I grew up my parents never instilled a strong habit of reading the newspaper or even watching the news. They have always felt that the news is bias; twisting the stories for entertainment or leaving out the bad. Considering this as my background I have developed the same sense of distrust of the news outlets. Only recently have I found a TV news station that I will watch to a small extent. I have always just gotten my news from my mother. I never took her words to heart completely but they did at times inspire me to research some topic on my own and further developed my opinion apart from hers.
Since I have left home I am sad to say I have not watched the news or read the paper except once. It has just never been something I was interested in. For me, I guess the reason is that it doesn't make sense to me. I have never been good with words nor have I been able to deceive people so when I have to read through fluffed up speeches to get to the point or deal with the fact that people in this world will lie through their teeth just to get what they want discourages me from the news. With this unit I hope to change this attitude of mine because I do realize it is important to know what is going on this world. I also hope to find places that I can trust to get my news information from so that after this class ends in December I will continue to keep updated in the worldly affairs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment